The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is intensifying infrastructure development in Mindanao. Phase 1 of ‘Improving Growth Corridors in Mindanao Road Sector Project’, a flagship project of the national government in partnership with ADB covering 151.9-km in Zamboanga Peninsula, was started under President Rodrigo R. Duterte administration and continued and expanded to Phase 2.
This phase is currently under the feasibility study and detailed engineering design (DED) stage. Projects under this stage include:
- 13.6-km Zamboanga City East Diversion Road (with viaduct structure) in Zamboanga City
- 2.9-km Isabela City-Malamawi Island Bridge (with approach road) in Basilan Province
- 32.6-km rehabilitation/improvement of Zamboanga City – Ipil National Road, Zamboanga City Boundary Section (with exceptions) in Zamboanga City;
- 90.1-km construction of bypass and diversion road at Jct. Sindangan-Siayan-Dumingag-Mahayag Road to Jct. Liloy-Ipil Road (Molave-Midsalip-Siayan-Tampilisan Section) in Zamboanga Del Norte and Zamboanga Del Sur
- Construction of a 5.7-km Boulevard along Ipil Coastline in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay Province
- 20-km construction of Mauboh, Patikul-Tanjung, Indanan Diversion Road in Jolo, Sulu
- Construction/rehabilitation/improvement of the 100-km Sulu Circumferential Road (with exceptions) in Sulu Province
- 44-km Jct Davao-Bukidnon Road (Calinan Section) – Wangan- Subasta-Tagakpan-Tungkalan-Tagurano-Bayabas-Catigan-Baracatan-Sibulan-Tibolo-Kapatagan Road (viaduct) in Davao City.
(Source: Philippine Resources)