Contracts Worth RM8 Billion Expected to be Signed at Lima 2023

February 2023

At the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition 2023 (Lima’23), Defense Minister Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan expects more than MYR 8 billion (USD 1.8 billion) worth of contracts to be signed – more than double the MYR 4 billion (USD 0.6 billion) signed during Lima’19. This major event will attract over 600 exhibitors from 30 countries, with 60% coming from the defense industry and the remaining 40% from the commercial sector.

Aside from the exhibitors, Lima’23 is set to welcome over 400 guests, including leaders of the navy, air force, and army from 59 countries. These guests will have the opportunity to attend the various conferences, seminars, and bilateral meetings that will take place over the duration of the event.

Not only will Lima’23 offer the chance to showcase the Malaysian defense industry, its achievements, and its products to the world, but it is also an opportunity to launch the National Defense and Security Industry Policy (DIPKN). This policy focuses on strengthening the capabilities of the Malaysian defense industry and aims to develop it as a strategic partner in the global defense industry.

(Source: New Straits Times)


Our Services

Orissa International provides consulting services to companies that want to develop a market entry strategy for Southeast Asia or implement their business expansion into the region. We have very strong domain knowledge of markets and industry sectors, and a business network of over 16,000 distributors, resellers, and system integrators, built through advising and guiding more than 5,000 companies with their market expansion into Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines over the last 25 years.